Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Family Math Night


Tonight I went back to school for Family Math Night....It is hard to do especially since I am away from my family while I am teaching all day and then to top it off I have to rush home, eat dinner and then say good by again......But I had the best thing happen to me today.

One of my third graders, Baylee walked into the gym with her Dad....(they were the first to arrive)...Baylee had a water bottle with white daisy's in it.....After a little talking she handed them to me and said, "these are for you" with the biggest smile on her face.

I just got teary eyed just thinking of it! I was so touched that she thought of me! It made my evening, just when I needed it.

I love my job but it can be so hard some times, especially when I have to be away from Simone but I got the best warm fuzzy today from one of my students.

Random acts of kindness.....She is one of the best parts of my job, working with Children. Some times I think all of us in the teaching profession forget that....Just when I was thinking that my desk is piling up with paper work because I keep having lunch with my students instead of working, well I am glad that I have been taking the time with them. They are such a big part of my life and for that I am thankful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful BABY!