Thursday, March 06, 2008

Three Years Ago Today

3 years ago today my Grandmother Smith passed away.

A couple of days ago I was listening to a song on the radio, "Missing You". I cranked the stereo, rolled down the windows and I balled my eyes out on the way home. It made me think about the date?? What day was it todayy????....Was it almost the day????.....The day I lost my Grandma, one of the most important persons in my life??? I cried for many reasons......I was thinking of how hard March of 2005 was for me....Sadness and Joy......

We found out the first of March 2005, by accident from her spinal Doctor (the doctor in charge never told us about the x-rays and test results and when the Spinal Dr. came by to check on her, which he was doing very often told us and he thought we already knew).....we knew nothing about the fact that my Grandma was terminally ill, then two days later one of my best friends goes in to deliver at the same hospital that my Grandma was staying, she gives birth to her newborn baby, Sara. The next day my Grandma was transported two hours away back to the beach so she can die at home in peace, the way she wanted....Three days later Grandma passes away, I fly to Chicago for her service, while there my brother is pinned a Police Officer, sister in law pregnant with their first child, my nephew Carter, I fly home and the next day we receive Simone's referral and see her face for the first time.......

The circle of life, so amazing, so true, such a blessing, a gift from God. A big eye opener for me. I must treasure and enjoy each day. Love, live, laugh, sing, dance......Be thankful for the people that care about me, are always there. God has done amazing things in our lives and I am so very THANKFUL for having my Grandma for so many years. What an amazing person.

I always thought that it would get easier as time goes by but that does not seem to help. Loosing someone you love so much just plain bites! I wish I could spend more time with her and that she can see that we have our little girl......

Simone talks about my Grandma Smith now and then because I share my stories with her and pray about her during our night time prayers. She knows she lives in Heaven and was the best Grandma in the whole wide world!! I MISS you Grandma. Hugs and Kisses.

I thought this photo of Simone was perfect for this post. She is 16 months old here at Emma's 3rd Birthday Party around 8/27/05.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

comingaroundagain said...

You are right - it completely sucks when someone we love dies. . . and life is precious, if not, capricious - so hopefully we treasure all the moments we possibly can.

Emma said...

Wow, with the recap, it seems so overwhelming! It seemed so different when it was actually happening! Great post!