Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Beaver Fever Duathlon

Rick and his friend John participated in the Beaver Fever Duathlon this weekend. John finished in 1:50 which was 51st place and Rick finished in 1:55 which was 68th place out of 107 participants.

Ricks splits were:
3.1 Run = 24:38 (7:56.8 pace)
Transition One = 2:27
18 Mile Bike = 57:04 (18.9 miles per hour)
Transition Two = 1:42
3.1 Run = 29:10 ( 9:23.5 pace)

Total Time = 1 hour and 55 minutes

"ABOUT THIS EVENT
The Oregon State University sponsored Beaver Fever Duathlon is a great event to finish off your racing season. At this race, you will start with a 5k run on country roads and residential streets on the edge of Philomath. After the transition, you bike 18.1 miles on the road course which travels on smooth country roads and features a moderate hill (climbing 500 feet). There are separate divisions for both road bike and mountain bike entries (see mountain bike note below). The Beaver Fever Duathlon course finishes with the Philomath High School Cross Country course and a track finish (NEW!)." Information from the Beaver Fever Web Site.

I am so proud of him for all that we have been through and for how hard has tried to keep up with his training while Sophie Wei has been in her cast because I have been on "work out vacation" since the Race for the Cure :O) My vacation needs to end but I thought I should start getting some sleep first so I don't hurt my self but boy do I feel like crap and need to get moving again!!!

Way to go Daddy!!

No comments: