Monday, October 27, 2008

You Did WHAT?

Tonight Simone and I were getting ready to bake cookies together while Rick put Sophie Wei to bed when we heard a Skype call come in from our friends Tom and Leah!!! What a great surprise. (The above photo is not staged. This is what Simone did for me when I told her I was going to take a photo. Little turkey!)

We had a great time talking with them and seeing their cute children. While talking with them the girls bounced between both of our laps. During our conversation Simone said some thing like I spelled my name.....Then we look and notice she wrote on the pumpkin place mat that was right in front of us.

You did what?

She wrote her name on that pumpkin place mat right in front of us!
Two days ago while Sophie Wei, Simone and I were eating breakfast at the table (I was checking my email) Simone says all of a sudden.

"Mommy, I made a heart!"

I say, "WOW, let me see (she has been working hard on making the perfect heart.)"

I turn my head and she had carved a heart in our dinning room table. It was a good looking heart....I talked with her about only doing that on paper, etc. I also was thinking to my self, no more checking email while we eat.

Later that same day she carved a small stick figure on the table!! Back to time out. After words we talked again and I really thought she learned why she should not do that and where she should be doing her art work.....

Then she did this today.....


We tried to end on a good note and after we got off the Skype conversation with Tom Simone and I finished making the cookies and had a good time. I know one day we will look back at this and laugh...Just not now.

Our sweet little girl is back.....for now.

Time to get back into a routine with the treadmill!

On Sunday after I worked out Rick borrowed my IPOD and it had so much condensation that it stopped working. Bummer, nothing I could do would make it work again. To bad I could not work out yesterday :) I guess I let the battery run down too low because after restoring it all afternoon yesterday it is working again.....I think that is a hint for me to get back to working out.....

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na NA!
I got a brand new attitude........
Better crank my tunes tonight!


Thank goodness for earphones :O)

Take care everyone!

1 comment:

rk said...

I love Simone's turkey face. Julia is starting to take on a "dear in head lights thing." Both, not so charming, but part of the process. Maybe we need to out with them and say, "Frown at the camera!" :0)

xoxox!!!
Roxx