Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Tears

Thanks to our snow day and no school we were watching our videos from our 2005 trip to China when we brought Simone home. Simone had so many questions for us.

When her Ayi was holding her she asked Sophie Wei, "is that my Mom?"

I said, "that is your Ayi."

Simone said, "No Sophie, is that my Mom?"

Sophie Wei said, "AYI!"

Simone said while smiling, "CORRECT."

I just wonder what she is thinking in that little head.

While watching the video Simone started to get tears in her eyes. I asked her what was wrong and what was she feeling. She moved into my lap and said, "they are happy tears" as she wiped her eyes.

We love you so much Simone, you are a blessing.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks so much for sharing that beautiful story, brought tears to my eyes. What blessings they are, and what wonderful parents they have :)