Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What Were You Doing Today When?

Today I put our girls in their matching t-shirts from my Mom. She brought these back from her trip from Chicago. They are from the Museum of Science and Industry which is located in downtown Chicago. I thought this was fitting since they are "Discovering Our Universe" at preschool.....They also are fitting since Obama has been living in Chicago :O)

Our girls bing silly as we talk about to them about our new President.



I will never forget what I was doing today when I watch Barack Obama becoming the next President of our Country!

Today when I arrived at work I had a message from my principal that my first class would be watching the inaugural address because it would be on at 9am. I thought how cool because I could then go into their classroom and watch it with them!!!! I thought that I would totally miss out on this today because I have not TV in the gym.

I will never forget watching this today in my friend Jillmarie's classroom and that I sat next too Alexis and Matthew..... As we all sit there together listening to Obama's speech tears swell up in my eyes. He inspires me!!!!

I am excited for change and excited about his family.

What were you doing today when Obama became President?????

Obama's speech touched my heart....Here are a few of the places during his speech that will stick with me. The words below were said during President Barack Obama's Inaugural Address:

"We remain a young nation, but in the words of Scripture, the time has come to set aside childish things. The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness.

In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned. Our journey has never been one of shortcuts or settling for less. It has not been the path for the faint-hearted — for those who prefer leisure over work, or seek only the pleasures of riches and fame. Rather, it has been the risk-takers, the doers, the makers of things — some celebrated but more often men and women obscure in their labor, who have carried us up the long, rugged path towards prosperity and freedom.................

America, in the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.

Thank you. God bless you. And God bless the United States of America."

I am so proud to be an American and feel God has blessed me in more ways than one!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I like your pictures!